Many customers ask me for stains and occasionally colours, however, I always recommend white shutters. Silk white is the most popular colour I supply, and this is primarily because:
- It matches white UPVC windows and painted white window frames, overall creating a more fitted finish
- It won’t date or go out of fashion
- It matches a range of décor, so there is no need to re-spray them if you change the colours or furnishings within your room
- white shutters reflect light making the room feel lighter, airy and gives a feeling of space
- If you are considering selling in the near future white will appeal to buyers as it will match whatever furniture they have and will fit with any colour scheme – it can also create the right impression for the property as the buyer approaches the front door for the first time and can attract people to a property.
While colours and stains have their place, and in particular colour can create a feature in a room such as a child’s bedroom or bathroom, white shutters are timeless and may end up saving you money in replacing window coverings when you decide its time to update your room.