Over the next few weeks, I am going to focus on answering the ten questions I am asked about DIY shutters most often during a series of blogs. You can find a range of more in-depth information on my website about each topic, and can of course either register and send me a message or call me direct if you have a query regarding your requirements. However, these blogs are designed to give you some information to point you in the right direction.
The questions I will be focussing on are:
- What are shutters made from
- How do I measure accurately
- Do they completely eliminate light
- How deep does my window recess have to be
- What is the shadow or clearance gap
- Can you fit them to patio doors
- Can you fit them onto UPVC windows
- What is the best product for my window
- What if I have protruding handles
- What is the maximum width they can be made
While these are not the only questions I get asked, they are certainly amongst the most popular I cover on the phone and my automated Ask Sam service.
Fitting DIY shutters is possible on any window, and while some are more complex it is not impossible with the right advice and help. You can view testimonials of those who have successfully fitted them with some advice and support if you would like to know what’s possible and see comments about the advice and service I have provided.