We choose the s:craft shutters, because we want to offer you the best shutters we can, we want to be confident and proud of the product we supply so they need to be high quality, with a good supply chain to limit any potential issues.
We’re not looking for a quick cheap option, we want to supply the best shutters, in the right design, installed in the neatest way.
S:craft shutters are made in China by Nein Made, they’re the largest supplier of shutters in the world, and together with scraft, they are always innovating and improving things, everything from the type shutter to the packaging, how they’re ordered and the delivery.
We want a shutter that’s suitable for all types of windows, doors and shapes, that’s on-trend with the latest options and features.
We chose them because they are the best company to deal with and they supply the best shutters on the market you can buy.
Here are some of the technical reasons we choose s:craft hardwood shutters:
- Side stiles are engineered for strength
- Proper mortise and tenon joints
- 7 layers of spray paint, with a UV finish
- Louvre mechanism is complete hidden
- Vertical Tposts are available to match uprights in your window
- Custom angled bay posts are available for bay windows
- Large range of outer frames to suit different window types
- Frame customisation such as cutouts and buildouts
- Wide colour choice with custom sprayed colours
- Bifolding track solutions for wide openings
- Shaped options
- Huge 1219mm wide panels
- 2133mm panel heights without dividing rails
- Fully adjustable hidden hinges
- Blackout, Autoclose and Powermotionl upgrades
- New innovations, improved quality, attention to detail
- Advanced manufacturing techniques
- Superior packaging
- 3-year guarantee
As you can see there is a huge list that s:craft shutters can offer us, and these options help us design and provide you with the best shutters we can.
We’ve also listed some of the business reasons we choose s:craft shutters.
- Friendly helpful team
- The leading brand in the UK
- Widest selection of materials and options
- Manufactured on their own factory line
- Stamped with the s:craft mark of authenticity
- Robust tried and tested supply chain
- Quicker lead times
TYPES OF SHUTTERS
Currently, there are 6 types of shutters available in the scraft range.
- Antigua, which we call Standard MDF. Made from MDF, with a plastic coating, this a budget range suitable for small windows only.
- Bermuda, which we call Standard Lite as its part MDF and part plastic, so it’s lighter than MDF and suitable for slightly larger windows.
- Cuba, which we call Standard Plus because it has an MDF frame and wooden shutters.
- Java shutter, which we call Standard ABS is the water-resistant shutter for bathrooms.
- The main shutter we fit and recommend is Fiji, which we call Elite as it’s the full hardwood shutter suitable for all windows doors, bays and shapes.
- Then finally we have Samoa, which we call Elite Plus as it’s thicker and chunkier so perfect for large doors or shapes.
All of the shutters come with a 3-year guarantee.
Remember, this was just a quick overview of the shutters, we do have another video that explains more about each individual shutter type.
Within the shutter range, you can choose and design what your shutter looks like from the following options:
- The size of the louvres and how they are tilted.
- If they have a middle rail a split into the louvre mechanism
- The colour and how they hinge open
There are also a few upgrade options such as Blackout for bedrooms, Autoclose for Bifolding shutters or Remote control.